About Me

June 9, 2013

A Favorite Thing.

It's the weekend & time for Claudia's "A Favorite Thing" at Mockingbird Hill Cottage. It's the 40th week, definitely a celebration on a dreary, rainy day! Hope you'll join in!


For my "favorite thing" this week, I started with making drain holes in the new tall but cute plant pots we bought last week. 


My dh had cut this piece of wood to hold the pot inside the bigger plant pot, which is tall & would be far too expensive to fill it with dirt to the top. So he made this to fit the little shelf inside the pot that must have been put there just for that reason!


I then put bricks in the bottom to make the planter heavy all the way down so they won't fall over. 


Bricks stacked, shelf in, pot set & then the organic dirt was added. 


Planter on the right side of the garage with Lavender. Almost done! Now I need to figure out what little plants I can put around the perimeter of the pot inside so that the green is covered up & the pot is full. Ideas?


Planter on the left side of the garage. I'd also like to add a pretty ribbon that will blow softly in the breeze. A pale, sage green or lavender, or both!

Enjoy reading "A Favorite Thing" over at Claudia's today!

4 comments:

debra @ HOMESPUN said...

well you are quite handy! :)

Chy said...

Thank you! But truthfully, dh is the handy one. I'm just the "put it all together" guy! Fun to document a project. May have to do more in the future!

Claudia said...

Perfect way to fill a big old pot! How about underplanting with some sweet potato vine? It takes off like wildfire.

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia

Chy said...

Thanks Claudia. I just looked up sweet potato vine & looks like it would work. I'm off to the greenhouse on Wednesday & will see if they have any there.

Cheers,
Chy