About Me

June 30, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat!

Happy Sunday! Joining in to Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat this week: ****


Reading: The Doula. I started it on our holiday in January & then got so busy when we arrived home, that it's been sitting beside my bed, in a pile of other books I hope to tackle one day. Grabbed it & threw it in my suitcase just before we left home yesterday morning. Looking forward to finishing it here. It's a great book. I just ran out of time!

Listening to: The sounds of nature all around me. There is no traffic here, up on the hill, overlooking the sea. Only the wind, the deer crunching in the woods, the lambs baaaaaing, the rooster crowing & occasionally, we can hear a neighbor across the road, where their are small children laughing or porch doors closing. Peaceful, as I wish life could be all the time! It does make me appreciate our home, where we live in a hamlet that is, for the most part, quiet, compared to the city. 

Watching: The waves in the sea, the trees dancing in the breeze & the sun glistening off the water. There are only a few clouds in the very blue sky & those are creeping across the sky in the west, heading north, fluffy & white. 

Cooking/Baking: We're going to bbq tonight, chicken, with rice & veggies with cheese buns. And Mike's Hard Lemonade, 'cause it's pretty stressful being on holidays .... I'm just saying!

Happy I accomplished this week: I'm one of those Type A personalities that must have a house in order before we go on holidays. I like to come home to a house that is not just clean but everything is back in it's place so that we can relax while we're away but also relax when we get home without having to jump right into work or chaos. This time, I included reorganizing the art studio & our library, two spaces I use for my creative endeavors. When we are on Salt Spring Island, we tend to really let our creativity flow & then come home to continue. Feels good to know I have my two spots in the house set aside just for this, now ready for more work to take place. 

Looking forward to next week: Exploring the island, resting, quilting, shopping, sharing ideas with my dh for a new film project, writing more chapters for the book I started & recovering from my latest bout of nasty, draining pneumonia. 

Thankful for today: The chance to have a holiday break at this time. We were truly ready for a break & need this time to renew our relationship, that sometimes in the busyness of all our projects, gets set aside for later. After reading Carla's blog this week & reflecting on the sudden death of her nephew, spending the time now, instead of later with dh is more than anything, an important task, while I'm thankful I have the chance to do. 

Bonus Question: What was my very first "real" job? I worked for a couple of summers for my dad's real estate office, answering the phone & greeting clients who came in for showings. It was fun, I got to get dressed up, I saved a lot of money & learned some good skills. I also got to see first hand that working in an office setting was not going to be my life path. A safe place to figure that one out!

Busy week behind us, relaxing week ahead of us. Enjoy yours this week!

2 comments:

~Carla~ said...

This sounds around you sound just so peaceful and calming I should vacation in your house! ;) I don't blame you for wanting a clean house before you leave, I'm the same way! Cherish that time with hubby... I plan on doing the same! :)

Chy said...

After having a very busy, noisy, bustling house for years, it's heavenly now to have a quieter home. I miss the busyness of younger kids but cherish this special time in our lives as well. You'll get there and you'll truly appreciate it!