About Me

July 6, 2013

An Unexpected Detour!

We had a bit of a blip in our
holiday on Thursday. 


Which ended up with my arm being
mercilessly squeezed at times. 


My finger encased in a lovely rubber
holder that beeped.


A bracelet to identify who I was, 
although the whole time we were
there, no one checked it!


My vitals were questionable!


But in the end, the drugs
kicked in & I was all happy again!!

I had a bit of an anaphylatic 
reaction to something that we
have not yet identified. 

It was scary but I was well taken
care of by the awesome Island medical
staff & my dh, who was so calm. 

Today, all is well, the groggy feeling
has gone away & I'm back to me.

4 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Oh my gosh!! Soo glad you're "ok"!! Do you carry an epipen with you??

Chy said...

I do carry an epiPen but we were just down the street from the hospital, so we ventured in there as it was happening so quickly & we didn't want to take a chance that I'd have to intubated. Hate that! Hate having allergies! But fine now. Still not sure what caused it. Always a mystery. And now we know when we move out here, the medical care will be excellent!

Cheapchick said...

Wow, so glad you are ok!

Chy said...

Thank you Cheapchick. So relieved to know that there is great medical care on the island. Definitely can move here now!!