About Me

September 15, 2013

Sunday Worry List.

Happy Sunday morning! Dumping my worries here so I can go off to the Dollhouse Show this morning without a crowded head. Apologies in advance!


*Resigning from my theatre group this afternoon. I've held the President's job now for 2 full seasons but it's time consuming & we are needing new blood with more creative ideas than I can share right now to carry on. I've given my all & have a great board but it's time to let someone else take the lead. Worried about the reaction of the cast & crew but comfortable in my decision. 

*Meeting with my staff tomorrow to do reviews. Worried that my lead teacher will not be happy with what I need to share with her about her change in attitude but hopeful we'll reach a resolution. I'd hate to lose her & don't believe we will but it's always tricky when this is the path we need to embark on. Hopefully she's open to the conversation & willing to find a new way.

*Trying to get our construction journey underway with our new contractor. Yes, that's right, a new one. We will be "firing" the other one this week as her lack of confidence, constant errors on our house plan & interesting communication style (that was meant to be sarcastic) have caused far too much stress in our lives in the last 4 weeks. We are now behind in the process but our new builder is confident he can catch us up without any issues. I love his style already & a weight has been lifted. Worried about the meeting to fire her. I'm sure her reaction will be explosive based on our previous encounters. Thankfully, we hadn't signed anything yet or advanced any funds. Gut feelings pay off sometimes!

*A lack of registrations in my bereavement groups is puzzling. Worried that grieving families are not being given our information. Bereavement in our area is very territorial, which blows my mind, as I'm the guy who gives out every one's stuff so families can decide what program or service is best for them. But finding I'm the only one that does that. 

*Wishing my life hadn't become so busy that I have no time or energy for friendships. Worried I'll leave this earth without companionship beyond my family. Feeling lonely & anxious that I have no "circle". I'm the guy that everyone comes to for support, education & advice. But who is there for me, besides my husband & kids, who all have their own lives. I truly understand why some people choose suicide. The pain of daily living can be so overwhelming ....

*Signing a new lease on our centre's space should be an easy process but it's taking weeks to get everything finalized. Worried we'll not get what we want because of the time factor, although to date, the owner has been fine & not pestered us. Still hanging over my head but waiting for board members & our advisor to hurry up & sign!

*Taxes are still sitting on my dining room table to be finalized. Every day, I claim "today is the day". Then my task list gets in the way & suddenly, it's bedtime. Worried they'll call or send a note asking where the forms are. Hopefully, I won't be carted off to jail for not sending in our taxes on time. Refunds are coming our way, but still, I don't like to be late on anything. I did call & they were not worried, just me.

*Finances are great but after doing a breakdown of our building costs yesterday with my guy, we've realized our cushy savings funds may be depleted with the build. We're trying so hard to do this without a mortgage but reality is, we may have to take out a small one to cover the shortfall between the equity in our house, the savings we've amassed & the cost of the build. Worried we'll never get it back to that level again, which in the grand scheme of things, was a bit excessive but made us feel safe & secure. We will build it up & really, at this time in our life, we should be enjoying the security & taking more trips or doing more fun activities. 

I'm sure there is a great solution to each of these but they are so crowded in my head, I can't think anymore. We're going to head out to the Dollhouse Show & try to enjoy some time away from the worry. Then it's time to go to my theatre group's Annual General Meeting, where I will graciously step down from the top. That will be one worry to strike off my list before my head hits the pillow later tonight!

How do you handle the worries in your life?

No comments: