About Me

January 6, 2014

Silent Day.


I "borrowed" this picture from the internet tonight. It truly reminds me of how I felt today, all day, until everyone was home again. Free, alone yet peaceful. For the last 2.5 weeks, everyone has been home from work and school. I love having everyone around, especially on weekends and always in the evening. But I equally love my Mondays after a weekend when everyone leaves me alone for the day. 

Today was just what my heart, my soul and even my body needed! I cleaned, purged out all the boxes and gifts from under the tree, made my lunch, then dinner for everyone else, baked banana bread, took pictures, wrote alot, folded laundry, watched a show, then fell asleep for a little nap. Tonight, I feel rested, relaxed and rejuvenated. I go back to work for 2 days on Wednesday, so this break has been heavenly. 

In this busy, crazy, hectic world, we all need some down time. I've always loved Mondays, the feeling of a new week exciting and purposeful. It's even sweeter after a holiday and today, I felt so grateful for this day, just for me!

How was your first Monday for January?

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Mine was busy! I looked after 19 month old grand baby while her mother took a quick trip to the mainland. A trip to the park, lots of stories and cuddles and snacks and talking, talking, talking. So much fun. A silent day is mine today. Ahhh. I know exactly what you mean!

Chy said...

That sounds like a great day! Aren't grandbabies fun?? I'm glad you were able to enjoy a silent day today.