About Me

January 25, 2015

Julie, Julia & Butter.

 After a busy day of sleeping in, then lounging
in the tub, folding laundry, washing floors,
vacuuming carpets, shredding old documents,
packing boxes, donating items (8 boxes!),
cooking meals & doing our taxes, it was time
to sit back & relax. What did I do with my time?


I snuggled up on the couch & found the movie
"Julie & Julia" just about to start. Quite ironic,
as I had just paid a very lovely .50 cents for a
brand new copy of the book last week when we
stopped in at the charity shop to donate some
items. After unloading our bags in the back,
we went around to the front, where I found this
book, a few tiny crocheted doilies & a small
green tray that matches another I bought a
year ago! I haven't even cracked the book
yet but now that I'm almost finished the
movie, it will be next on my reading list.


If you've seen the movie or read the book,
you'll know that butter is a big part of what
makes french cooking so scrumptious. Last
year, for my birthday, I received the book
"Butter Baked Goods" & lovingly wrapped
it up & packed it away to take out once our
new kitchen is all ready to be "christened"
by cooking our first meals. And butter will
be a big part of our staples list. MMmm!!

Have you seen the movie "Julie & Julia?"
Do you cook or enjoy butter in your meals or baking?

6 comments:

Penny said...

I love the film 'Julie and Julia' and I also have the 'Butter' book! I have not yet baked anything from it, it is absolutely beautiful, and the lady who wrote it sounds delightful. You will enjoy using it in your new kitchen! X

Chy said...

So neat you have Butter as well. I've peeked inside a bit and then quickly shut it and packed it away so I have it for the new house. Should be fun once we're all settled to unpack it and choose a recipe to try!

Penny said...

Let me know what you choose and I will try the same one! We can have a recipe try out together! X

Chy said...

That would be so much fun! We could share pictures along the way!! Deal. X

Penny said...

Yes that sounds like a plan! X

Chy said...

I'm on it .... once our move is over!!