About Me

March 3, 2015

My Last Day.

I've had the best gift for the few months. The gift of time, 
given to me by my boss. I was able to take a break from 
work for the last 8 weeks. Tomorrow would be exactly 8 
weeks & it's my first day back. Almost 2 months of bliss!


The time away has been useful. I did quite a bit 
of packing, purging & painting. I took time to relax, 
to truly reconnect with myself, to ponder my future, my 
career, my book & none of it had to be rushed. I'm sad to 
go back as I was just getting into the groove of having 
long periods of time for myself. But my crew missed me, I 
missed them & referrals for new families who need grief 
counselling are piling up. So grateful for this time & hope to 
have another long break again one day. What a great 
boss I have! A true treat & something I will always cherish. 
Getting ready to move, shedding the "stuff" I don't need to 
worry about any longer, re looking at how I function in my 
work & my daily life, & time to write, sleep, heal & dream 
was more than I could have ever dreamed of. 

Have you ever had a chance to take a "real" break?
What did you do with your extended time off?

2 comments:

Penny said...

Good luck back at work Chy! X

Chy said...

Thanks Penny. Taking a break but so far, it's been a great day back. Sunny and clear roads for my drive, lovely team members with hugs on my return. And my plants survived!! X