About Me

November 30, 2016

Humbling.


Last week, my friends and I spent time choosing
and wrapping gifts for families who would not
otherwise have Christmas if it wasn't for the
generosity of our community. These are the gifts
my partner and I wrapped together for one family
that consisted of a single mom and three kids. It
was so much fun choosing gifts for each of them.
I truly hope that we chose items that they will truly
enjoy. It was a small time for us but we each
were touched in different ways by this very
humbling experience. Next year, I'd like to be
able to deliver the gifts too but will need to figure
out first how to do that without crying upon
meeting the recipients. So very, very humbling.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

It is humbling. I save crying for the car trip home after delivery!

Chy said...

I'm sure even with lots of prep, I'll still cry all the way home! X chy